Monday, February 20, 2006

 

Far From A Perfect Storm


In the service of "CHUD: Thor's Comic Column" again. What got reviewed? Why Storm #1! As usual, here's your first paragraphto get you started...

She is everything, a goddess, a queen, a superhero, redeemed, a leader. She has tamed the wild, the feral. She is literally, become a force of nature. She is every Black woman I have ever known. She is Storm, the black super-heroine, bar none. She was my mother’s favorite superhero and I keep a statue of Storm in my apartment in honor of my mother. I asked to review this comic. After reading Storm #1, I walk away with mixed emotions, as it began with promise and literally, ended with a cliché.


If you want to read more, here's the link (It should be up soon), and be here tomorrow for your weekly dosage of the ongoing saga of Kyle Rayner: Adult!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home