Friday, August 04, 2006

 

Wonderfully Random


I just got done watching the first episode of "Who Wants To Be A Superhero" on Itunes and I must say, it really, really enjoyed it.

At first, I thought it was designed to make fun of geeks and our love for eccentricity but almost from the very start, I came to realize WWTBAS was a show about achieving a greater ideal.

Wonderful thing that.

How cool was Monkey Woman's tree climb and monkey-flip exit from that tree?

How ironic was it that the first two eliminations were the guy who makes custom action figures and the guy who works in a comic book shop? So much for practicing what you preach.

Anyway, as the show came to an end and I forgot that I had my Itunes on "Random" and you'll never guess what song started to play after the show's end.

"Wonderboy" by Tenacious D.

It's random moments like this that make me love this geek world we all live in just that much more.

Comments:
Monkey Woman's tree-scrambling put her in the running for my favorite hero last week; her performance duringlast night's challenge pretty much clinched it.

Although, I still want to be Major Victory when I grow up.
 
But did you catch Screw On Head afterwards?
Dr.M.
 
Yes. So much awesomeness. I thought Stan Lee had run out of awesomeness in the '80s, but I was wrong.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home