After reading this, I was inspired to list 52 things right with The DC Universe. Here are 27.
1. Ra's al Ghul is dead.
2. Still dead.
3. Bruce Wayne adopted both Tim Drake AND Dick Grayson.
4. Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon are the same age now.
5. No matter what the 80's might have shown you, keep it that Batman & Dick Grayson actually like AND respect one another.
6. John Constantine's last DCU appearance was in a Kyle Rayner comic. There's something beautiful and pathetic going on there.
7. The occasional Swamp Thing reference. Used sparingly, it makes the DCU just that much weirder.
8. Jason Rusch's Firestorm. Shows you what Firestorm could have been if Ronny Raymond cared.
9. Detective Comics actually being DETECTIVE Comics again.
10. Don't change the fact that Mon-El planted the seeds that led to The United Planets. It's one of the most brilliant pieces of retconning ever conceived.
11. The Sinestro Corps. The Green Lantern Corps should have an evil equivalent.
12. The Green Lantern Corpse. The Green Lantern Corps should have a team to address The Sinestro Corps.
13. Mr. Terrific's constant referencing of himself as "The Third Smartest Man In The World." It keeps him humble even though in our hearts, we all know better.
14. The Brave and The Bold. The DCU is a HUGE place. There should always be a team-up title.
15. Batman's treatment of a teenaged Blue Beetle in The Brave and The Bold #3 showed him as a father who also happens to be Batman. Let's have more of that.
15. Keep Starfire in space. She works great as DC's Barbarella.
16. Taking Sgt. Rock away from Vertigo and putting him back where he works best, in the DCU Universe.
17. Big Barda's nonchalance concerning her husband's current "death." She knows that cheating death is what he does so, why worry?
18. Alan Scott's departure from Gotham City signalled its gradual decline.
19. People in The DC Universe get to smoke cigarettes.
20. Mr. Bones is a cigar smoking skeleton.
21. After two stints in The Teen Titans and one in The Freedom Fighters, Damage is where he belonged the whole time: The Justice Society of America.
22. Rebranding classic DCU titles. The name "Showcase Presents" being used as a banner for classic black and white reprints, "Who's Who in The DC Universe" becoming a toy line, "Secret Six" repurposed as a rag-tag team for "forgotten" & "lost" super-villains. Rebranding gives these classic titles new life while maintaing a sense of nostalgia.
23. Having every Justice Leaguer takes an oath on the cloak of the DCU's first costumed hero, The Crimson Avenger.
24. In Robin, Cassie Cain, the former Batgirl, is still crazy.
25. Wonder Woman co-founded The Justice League of America.
26. Jonah Hex, in the past, remembers the future.
27. Hex's ending.
Hey, kids! Add your own!